Sunday 23 September 2007


The reason most people never reach their goals is that they don't define them, or ever seriously consider them as believable or achievable. Winners can tell you where they are going, what they plan to do along the way, and who will be sharing the adventure with them.


~ Denis Watley


Today, I decided to plan the course I wanted my life to take. Thoughts had been lingering in my mind for years but only on this day did I realise the time for me to commence my stride towards my destination has come. Will I make it? Is it a right choice?



Energy is the essence of life. Every day you decide how you're going to use it by knowing what you want and what it takes to reach that goal, and by maintaining focus.

~ Oprah Winfrey


Focus? Not the best of my qualities. Too many involvements, too many commitments, too many things on my mind. By focusing on my goal, am I supposed to abandon the other things in my life that are of value and priority? Does my lack of focus mean I'm negligent of my goals?


Before you begin a thing, remind yourself that difficulties and delays quite impossible to foresee are ahead. If you could see them clearly, naturally you could do a great deal to get rid of them but you can't. You can only see one thing clearly and that is your goal. Form a mental vision of that and cling to it through thick and thin.

~ Kathleen Norris


Never before have I felt so lost and insecure. What happens after graduation? Who do I please? My parents or myself? They say they want what's best for me, which I totally agree. Is this a hurdle? Can I jump over it? Or more difficulty, pass through it? Maybe I should be patient! All is not lost. Follow my parents now, and when I am free in the future, I shall choose my own path.


I daresay one profits more by the mistakes one makes off one's own bat than by doing the right thing on somebody's else advice.

~ Somerset Maugham


Que sera, sera. What ever will be, will be. So many things I regret. Is it too late?


A part of me rejoices: Unconsciously, my actions have been influenced by the goals i have only realised now. I have even gained CV points along the line without knowing. Did these actions influence my decisions? Maybe, Maybe not, I am thankful....


A part of me regrets: If I had sat to think abut my life before now, maybe I would have made a difference. If I had thought of all this earlier, would things really have been different? If I wasn't such a child maybe I would have been more certain about my future.



So I subliminally say to myself... No time for regrets hun, just actions. One step at a time, no matter what, I will make it...Oh yes I will!

7 comments:

...toyintomato said...

..loved this post, please dont ever regret anything . its part of all the experiences that gives life a purpose.
thx for stoppin by

Zahratique said...

Awww, thanx for da words toyin :) Did i mention I luv ur blog? too too funny!

Anonymous said...

Time Is Life... use ur time wisely.

S.A. Ibrahim said...

my definition of you in a sentence: "YOU ARE SIMPLY AMAZING".
I always enjoy your blog. keep it up

Zahratique said...

@ XpSanusi - True, i do use my time wisely, thanx anyways

@ Safianu - Awwwwwwwwww, Thank you :)

Admin UD said...

Already from your posts i see you have what it takes to surmount all the insurmoutables and cross all the bridges whenever you get to it.

Happy Ramadan and be strong. Cheers!!

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. (If he will be possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).